Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Grandparent Rant and Nightmare

Did ya know that when you teach your child about safety, it's called "Helicopter Parenting"?  Because I sure didn't.  I was at my mom's last week, and I was teaching my sons how to pet a cat--treat the animal with respect.  Where not to touch, how to pet them, they're not a dog, how to tell if they're annoyed, and when to leave them alone, and such, and my mom laughed and called me a Helicopter Parent.

....

Um, what?

That's not what helicopter parenting is.  That's flippin plain old parenting.

Just...  Deep breath.

So I had a nightmare this morning that I'm not going to go into detail about, but I dunno.  Rattled me.  I'm trying to look at it symbolically, but I can't.  I can only look at it literally, which might be the point.  My subconscious is a fucked up place sometimes....but hey, whatever gets your attention to things that need to change, right?  Just wish it wasn't a dream that put my kids in danger and made me have a panic attack in dream.  Waking up, heart pounding and stuff. I was so angry in it.  So frustrated and hurt and panicked.

Things need to change, I see that.  Best that these nightmare situations happen in dream, than real life, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment