Friday, September 30, 2016

I Hate Having Neighbors

Cannot wait until we can move into a house, for this very reason:

Dear Old Crotchety Neighbors,
Please stop pounding on the walls. All of that pounding is just annoying, and you don't want to annoy a Witch. I have toddlers and share weak floor boards with you. You pound on the wall because my kids are dancing or running from room to room. Because they're crawling on the floor racing their trucks. Because they're playing, and they're not even being loud! I know when they're being loud, because I'm trying to teach the the difference between indoor and outdoor volumes. The things that you're pounding for, aren't that loud.
I can feel and hear you going up and down your stairs at ridiculous times of the night. I can feel and hear you walking from room to room. Gods, not to mention that horrid smell that permeates through the weak walls of downstairs restrooms, and the conversations that I can hear you having in that same restroom, clucking gossip and judgmental shit talking! Yet, I'm not pounding on the walls, like a child. You don't want to be woken up by my kids at 8-9 in the morning, go to bed earlier or move to a home without weak flooring.

Well, one of many--like my fire worry....someone's apartment catching fire and affecting mine, too.  It's not a good thought, especially since whomever built this place didn't seem to think about fires and exits.

Well, the neighbors could be worse.  A lot worse.

But soon we'll have our Hopeful Homestead with chickens and goats, and no nearby neighbors.  Where my kids can play and be kids.  We'll have freedom and privacy.  I won't have to worry about assholes stealing and breaking things on my patio or porch.  I just gotta hold out a little longer.  It'll be worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment