Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Bunkin

I was looking at bunk beds today.  Personally, I don't like them, but hubby's talking about getting the boys bunk beds when they get older.  I don't know if I like that idea.  Never had good experiences with bunk beds....but then maybe rolling off the top bunk is a rite of passage?  I dunno, I was window shopping today, and was glad to see that most of them have guard rails for the top bunk nowadays.

They are space savers, too.

The boys might want them, since more than likely they're going to be sharing a room, at least until they're teenagers.

When we were kids, I shared a room with my older brother and we had bunk bed.  Due to my acrophobia, he always got the top bunk.  One day, that damn thing collapsed with me in my bed...no injuries, just terror.  It would be many years until I was comfortable being in a bunk bed, after that.

One time my BFF was sleeping over and had the top bunk.  I had opened my eyes just in time to see a body falling off, as she rolled.  Quite the rude awakening for both of us...especially her.  After that I was done with it.  Not even in college, did I turn my bed into a bunk loft, to save space among my two room mates.

But yeah, IF IF we do go that route, and both kids are down with a bunk bed, we're going to make sure that there's rails, that's it super sturdy, and instead of a ladder, we're doing stairs.  Momma's not a fan of bunk beds.

But a lot of them are pretty interesting these days.  Lots of ideas if we ever go that route.  But then there's lots of cool idea for kids beds that aren't stacked on top of each other, too...

No comments:

Post a Comment