Thursday, October 1, 2015

Fall Plans

It's a chilly night here in Ohio.  The baby's been sleeping a lot lately, or at least he's been spending a lot of time in his room, just chilling.  He really likes to just be in his crib.  My mom said that my brother was like that.  When I was older, I spent a lot of time in my room (or outside) playing with my toys, quietly and alone.  Which is funny, because as my brother got older, he spent most of his time outside playing sports or being with his friends...although the abusive family situation we were in had a lot to do with that, us as older kids.

Wolfman is not the type to want to just chill in his bed, not even in his "cool trouble" Paw Patrol bed.  When he's awake, he's up and about.  Active.  Warrior is a bit more laid back.  He's fine being in his crib for hours, entertaining himself.  When he's ready, I get him, feed him and all that.

Oh, and did I mention that he's walking around more often?  More than just a couple step here and there.  He walks across the room now!  Not always, according to my hubs, Warrior still "cheats", by crawling.  But I'd say it's about half and half nowadays.  Pretty exciting.  I knew that he knew how to walk.

He's going to be a year and a half this month.

Speaking of ages, instead of having one big birthday for Wolfman, we're having two smaller birthdays.  One here and one down in Kentucky, with my MIL and her mother.  So my GIL?  I don't know that I'll have to do a whole lot for that party, I'm pretty sure they're baking him a cake and making food.

I'm a little nervous because I don't know how the weather is going to be around Christmas/New Years.  I don't want to find ourselves in the middle of bad weather, either traveling or stuck down there.  I dislike traveling around winter holidays.

But the Bubble Guppy Truck Party is still on up here....although now the apartment is too small.  I need to ask my mom if she'd let us have it at her house.  That way, also, I don't have to give my address out to certain folks....ugh, fall is going to be awkward this year.

Normally we do a yearly apple and pumpkin picking with my step mom every fall, but now that we're distancing ourselves from them, it's just awkward.  But I'll cross the bridge when we get there...which is soon.  October is our apple, pumpkin, and honey harvest.  I'm sure that there's a farmer's market/orchard/pumpkin patch around here.  We are kind of out in the country now.  There's gotta be something.  A smaller town nearby is having a Fall Festival this weekend that I'm going to see my my mom wants to come with us to check out.

...Today's Thursday, I should probably ask her soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment