Sunday, September 6, 2015

Big Birthday Plans!

I went to two Frozen themed birthday parties this week.  Two.  Still a popular movie.  Even though they shared many similarities, it got me thinking about Wolfman and Warrior's birthdays.  Wolfman moreso, because his birthday is in December.  Gosh, he's going to be 3 this year!  3!  Can ya believe it?

My niece and nephew just started kindergarten this year (both are 5).  The twins are 4.  Gabbi is 3.  Silus is 2.  Wolfman will be 3 in December, and Warrior's gonna be 2 in April.  On one hand it's 'YAY!  They're growing up!'  Then on the other hand it's 'Oh...they're growing up.  Just yesterday...'

But my mind is on making another memorable birthday party.  Wolfman's first birthday was TMNT, his second was Paw Patrol, and his third?  I have an idea.  I do.  In the end, it's probably going to involve most of his favorite things which are: Bubble Guppies, trains, vehicles, Blaze and the Monster Machines, Chuck the Truck, Peppa PigTeam Umizoomi, Dora and Diego, Wally Kazam, tractors, Dinotrux, and dinosaurs.

For Warrior's birthday, I'm probably going to do a Peppa Pig farm theme.  As of right now, he's super into animals, Peppa, and Bubble Guppies.  We might have this farm set in the background of the cake, with Peppa's family playing in muddy puddles on the cake.  Kinda of what we did for Wolfman's Paw Patrol cake, with the Look Out.

December 28, 2014

The hard part for Warrior is the where.  More than likely it ain't going to be in my grandmother's home, since we're looking to be moved out before the end of this month.  I just don't have a location for it, but I'll worry about that later...more like in December.

As for Wolfman, I'm going to go for a Bubble Guppies  theme and combining that with construction.  They have had many episodes on various vehicles and machines, so I'm going to focus on the Humunga-Truck! episode.  Or another where they covered various trucks.  I'll have the cake decorator do the Guppies and include construction machines or the other one.  Then I'll mix the Bubble Guppies and a vehicle theme plates and stuff together.

As for party favors, I may buy some of those cheap cups from the various themes listed above and let the kids choose.   Maybe stuff them with crayons and a coloring page or stickers.  And bubbles....because bubbles, duh.  Although it'll be winter and bubbles really are an outdoor thing...so maybe cheap toy trucks?

A great idea that my SIL had for one of the birthday parties was providing a baby pool with "snow".  I think it was actually flour, but the kids had fun with it.  That's a great distraction...er...activity.  Depending on where we have Wolfman's party, maybe I'll provide something similar, only with "dirt" and trucks?  Or just have a play area that looks like a road.  A bit cleaner, since we'll be inside, more likely.

All of this depends on money and attendees, of course.

This early on, the party planning is always grand, right?  More refined ideas and realistic spending will come soon.  Who knows?  I might end up nixing the idea and starting a new!  But right now, I'm dreaming big!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment