Sunday, June 21, 2015

Blessed Solstice and Happy Father's Day!

Today's been busy!

First off, I was soooooo glad to actually see Father Sun today, instead of more gray clouds and rain.  He said, "It's my day, clouds.  MOVE!"  ;-)

Got up and made breakfast of strawberry pancakes and scrambled eggs.  Went outside and did quite a bit of yardwork that needed to be done.  Then showered, and started preparing and cooking for the Solstice feast. My BFF bailed, so I invited my parents over instead, and ended up making more food than expected!

  • Kabobs: Steak, Yellow Squash, Zucchini, and Peppers of Red,  Green, and Yellow.
  • Leftover veggies, I added salt, pepper, rosemary, thyme, and parmesan; wrapped them in foil and put em on the grill.
  • Corn on the cob with thyme, basil, and butter.
  • Leftover BBQ Fried Chicken.
  • Oven-baked Mac N Cheese
  • Potato Salad
  • Salad: Spinach, Strawberries, Blue Cheese, and Sunflower Seeds.
  • Orange-Cream Cake with Vanilla and Orange Marmalade Icing.
  • Lavender Lemonade. 

Lots of grilling and feasting went on at my house this evening!

After feasting, I took offerings of scraps from the preparations to the pines.

We sat outside in the cool summer dusk and watched my oldest discover and chase "light bugs".  It was a magical day, but I'm so glad that it's over.  I'm exhausted, but happy and very blessed.

I hope your weekend, Solstice, and Father's Day was awesome too.  Night night.


No comments:

Post a Comment