First off, I was soooooo glad to actually see Father Sun today, instead of more gray clouds and rain. He said, "It's my day, clouds. MOVE!" ;-)
Got up and made breakfast of strawberry pancakes and scrambled eggs. Went outside and did quite a bit of yardwork that needed to be done. Then showered, and started preparing and cooking for the Solstice feast. My BFF bailed, so I invited my parents over instead, and ended up making more food than expected!
- Kabobs: Steak, Yellow Squash, Zucchini, and Peppers of Red, Green, and Yellow.
- Leftover veggies, I added salt, pepper, rosemary, thyme, and parmesan; wrapped them in foil and put em on the grill.
- Corn on the cob with thyme, basil, and butter.
- Leftover BBQ Fried Chicken.
- Oven-baked Mac N Cheese
- Potato Salad
- Salad: Spinach, Strawberries, Blue Cheese, and Sunflower Seeds.
- Orange-Cream Cake with Vanilla and Orange Marmalade Icing.
- Lavender Lemonade.
Lots of grilling and feasting went on at my house this evening!
After feasting, I took offerings of scraps from the preparations to the pines.
We sat outside in the cool summer dusk and watched my oldest discover and chase "light bugs". It was a magical day, but I'm so glad that it's over. I'm exhausted, but happy and very blessed.
I hope your weekend, Solstice, and Father's Day was awesome too. Night night.