Friday, March 13, 2015

Very Touching



I lost it when I read the article and watched the video.  I'm still and will probably always be sensitive to this subject of (Miscarriage and) Infant Loss.  This charity helps families by taking precious photographs of their babies near and after death. 

I posted this on my FB page, addressing the photographers that I know if they were interested in helping the organization out.  Yes, I'm also a photographer and I'd love to help, but it hits too close to home for me.  Perhaps in a few years, however I may look into the other ways to volunteer on their website.



"[...]  It's gonna be okay.  It gives people hope to know that you're allowed to love that baby just as much as your other babies [...]." ~ Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep

I immediately thought about Nathan.  About how when asked how many kids I have, I answer with three boys: Nathan, Lycan, and Vincent.  I miss Nathan everyday.  I know he's safe and happy with my grandmothers.  I know it's not my fault.  I don't dwell on what could have been...I know that if it had been a full-term pregnancy, we wouldn't have Lycan.  

It's a double edged blade, that thought.  

But I know it's okay to acknowledge him, to miss him, to include and love him just as much as his brothers.  

I just remembered on Christmas day, I caught a Spirit Orb in two images.  I'm highly skeptical of orbs, but even with my training I wasn't fully able to debunk it.  Even with the opinion of some photographer friends, they admitted that it was possible. But with doubt, I don't like to say that it's paranormal when it very well may not be.  I guess I could always ask the Ancestors.  But I wonder if it's Nathan?  It was a family photo after all.


No comments:

Post a Comment