Saturday, March 28, 2015

Birthday and Yarn

Today's my 31st Birthday and so far it's very meh.  But then my birthday's usually are.  Just another day.  My mind's mainly on planning Warrior's first birthday, which in in about a month.  I could care less about mine.

I did go and buy lots of yarn.  Yarn for a throw that I'm making for my mom as a combined birthday and mother's day gift.  Hopefully it'll be done by mother's day anyway.  It's going to be in colors of beige, purples, and teals.  I'm not very great with colors, even as an artist, my work is mainly in shades of grey, because I just don't know what colors go with what and I even took a color class at university!

I also got yarn of pink and blue for Nathan's memorial blanket.  I think I'm going to get a charm of October's stone and sew it on the blanket with his name, too.  I'm just so eager to get started on it, but I'm the type that has problems with finishing projects, due to boredom, but I must finish my mom's throw before starting on the Nathan's blanket.  Unfortunately, I'm already bored with it, which is why I bought more colors.

In other news, the marigold I planted with Wolfman for mother's day are growing nicely.  I had to regrow two of the four, apparently some of the seeds were duds.  But they're doing well.


So that's what's going on in my neck of the woods right now.  Nothing too spectacular.  I've been trying to get to a local Pagan shop called The Magical Druid all week just to get something for myself without any luck.  It's my birthday, I should be able to go at least today, yeah?  We'll see.  I've extended the invite to my BFF and still nothing.  Le sigh.  I don't want a party, cake, or restaurant food, I just want to go to The Magical Druid.  Funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment