Sunday, February 1, 2015

Honesty and Being Sure to Read That Fine Print

I got off of the depo shot and noticed that two things happened:

  1. My sex drive returned
  2. My depression lessened, considerably.  I stopped having suicidal thoughts every week.
So today, I decided to look up the side effects of the depo shot.  I looked to various websites, which all basically said the same thing:
  • depression
  • decreased in sex drive
...as well as other side effects.  

Gotta read that fine print, huh?  I think if I was honest with the clinic about my depression in the first place, hopefully they would'n've suggested that I take something that might make me suicidal.  I knew that the shot had something to do with my disgust with sex and I was right.  Had no idea that it might also make my depression worse.  No clue.  Now I know better.  

The only reason why I went on BC is because my mom and husband pressured me.  I hate taking anything that messes with my hormones, with my inner balance, so to speak.  Hate it.  Birth Control is needed, but it's not for me.  I'll stick with condoms until I'm finished having kids, then I'm shutting it all down.  

After I discussed my findings with my husband today, he apologized about pressuring me.

In better news, I am still going to seek professional help, AND I've started learning how to crochet!  

No comments:

Post a Comment