Friday, December 5, 2014

What a Wonderful Gift!

My step mom bought us a tree.  Nothing huge, just a 4 foot, pre-lit, artificial tree, which I love, Wolfman likes it, too.

K. Wren, December 3, 2014
Wolfman showing Sofie the tree

I love seeing the his eyes light up when the tree's lit.  It's so innocent and magical!  So full of wonder and amazement.  Kids just make the holidays that much more exciting; nothing beats seeing many children's reactions when they see the festive decorations.  Thee anticipation building.  The joy.  I love it.

Whenever I'm finding myself feeling stressed about getting these gifts done or when artist's block rears it's ugly head, I just plug in the tree and watch my son's excitement peak, and answer his many questions.  It's a reminder of what many winter holidays are about: joy, love, and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment