Tuesday, December 16, 2014

DONE-ish

My tree is done for this year.  Done.  No more ornaments.  I still have to make one more ornament as a gift, but that's it.  Last night I made my "Scent of Winter" ornament after being inspired by this:


I made what I had: a glass bulb, 7 juniper berries, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, cloves, orange peel, bay leaf, orris root, rosemary, pine needles, and some fake holly berries.

K. Wren. December 15, 2014

It being in a glass ball instead of satchel, it's not as fragrant, until you're right up on it, but it's visually appealing.  I added the fake holly berries for color and for symbolism.

I also made my Yule Broomstick orna:

K. Wren.  December 15, 2014

And I put my BFF's gift box together:

K. Wren.  December 15, 2014

Polyjuice Potion, the Golden Snitch (with wrong colored wings), and a Remembral.
I included a HP journal for her quidditch notes (she's a coach), closed the box, and put a Harry Potter themed shipping label on it:

To Ms.  A. M******

The Second Bedroom on the Left
(Address)

I wanted to wrap it in brown paper bag, but we didn't have any left, so I wrapped it with twine and holiday paper.  AFTER I sealed it up, I realized that I should've made her a mini broomstick orna, too, in her team's colors.  Oh, well, next year!

Now, one more gift left, then onto baking the adults gifts, buying two more kid gifts, and making two holiday meals.  THEN LYCAN'S BIRTHDAY!  Friday my husband gets paid, we're going to focus on buying the rest of his birthday stuff, then worry about everyone else.  I wish Nickelodeon would release a Paw Patrol party pack theme already, but watch, it'll happen after.  So we have to be resourceful.  I'll let you know how after Friday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment