Oh, man, why didn't I think of this? Instead of a Yule dinner, we could have a lunch instead. Thanks to Panera Bread, I've discovered and have since had many of my own, Cranberry Turkey sandwiches! I think I may try this recipe for Yule:
- Main Course: Cranberry Cream Cheese Turkey Sandwich
- Salad: Spinach, Goat Cheese, Chicken or Turkey, Raspberry
- Dessert: White, Almond Yule Stump, garnished with Raspberries and Mint Leaves
- Beverage 1: Peppermint Hot Chocolate
- Beverage 2: Blackberry Cider
- Beverage 3: Wine
Awesome, Yule's planned out. Now for Christmas. Nothing that's not too similar, but then it's a different set family, they won't know, right? No, we're not going to want to eat the same stuff!
Or instead of two dessert options, move one over for Christmas.
- Main: Ham with pineapples and cherries (maybe)
- Sides: ...
- Dessert: White Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake, Leftover Yule Log
- Beverages: Hot Chocolate, Moon Cider, Iced Tea (no soda)
I suck with sides....I need to look through my family recipe books for this one. Nor am I really happy with the eat choice, but I don't want this year to be all about turkey. Yet, I've also haven't made ham that way, but it's tradition in my family to have a Christmas Ham with pineapples and cherries. I want a new tradition. I like it best when others cook it....not when I do. It's like making sandwiches, often they taste better when someone else makes them! .
I just get bored with the same old foods. I need to do something different with them.