Friday, December 19, 2014

A Lot on my Plate

So nearly finished.  All we need for Yule and Christmas is food, and I have to make one more ornament gift.  Had something nearly done, but the final item slipped out of my hands, so now I need a plan b that's going to work with what I have.  Oh, and the baking of gifts.  How do I keep forgetting those?  Especially when they're all I can think about?

Baked Goods, this is what we've got:

  • Sugar Cookies
  • Chocolate Chip Cookies
  • Puppy Chow (holiday tradition for hub's family)
  • Peppermint Brownies
  • Cranberry-Orange Muffins

I thought I was being different with my peppermint brownies, then I got on pinterest and saw hundreds of recipes on my following feed area.  My SIL also does baked goods, so hopefully we don't make the same.  Except she's not afraid of melting chocolate and I am, lol.  I love eating it, but have problems working with it.  

I love baking.  Spells D-A-N-G-E-R for my low carb diet though.  Plus I'm making a Yule Log cake.  Well, sorta, it's probably going to be more of a naked cake, with some snow and mistletoe decorations.  A layered stump with a twist.  Eh, it started out as a Yule Log, er, stump.  See, I get an idea, then others come in and change it, then I can't decide on a final product.  Either an Almond Yule Stump or a Orange Sun Cake.

And peppermint white chocolate cheesecake and molten fudge cupcakes for Christmas.  Plus hubby's making something called Cherry Delight, that's another Christmas staple in his family.  I don't know what it is, only that's it's good.  It's like one of those weird mystery gelatins that you often find at holiday pot lucks.  The ones that often go untouched due to fear and uncertainty, but this one's actually good.  



I have a lot of baking to do tomorrow, guess we'll see tonight when we go shopping, what I'm in the mood for.  And the problem with baking new things for family, is that I haven't tried them first.  I hate to admit this, but I'm trying to impress my family.  Not too many of them have ever had my food.  

It's funny, my mom really tries to make food look pretty.  When I was younger, I was always saying, "What's the point?"  Now I get it.  Presentation is key.  Want it to look good, as well as taste good.


In other news, I finally have supplies for my son's 2nd birthday ordered.  It sucks when they don't sell the theme that you want, you just have to put something together.  Luckily, many other folks have come before me with this whole Paw Patrol theme.  I was almost to the point of just changing his theme to Bubble Guppies, John Deere Tractors, or my original idea, Things That Go, except we already have the cake ordered and some supplies, like PP stickers, paw print balloons, 2 dog bowls, toys to go on the cake, and the Look Out play set to go behind the cake.  

So basically, I ordered Firefighter plates and centerpieces; Paw-ty table cover, napkins, and paw print floor clings; and solo red and blue cups (already had).  I'm worried about it all looking like a hot mess, but to a 2-year-old it's not going to matter, because his some of his favorites will be there: vehicles, dogs, popcorn, and apple juice.  

On the day of his party, my husband's going to take Lycan out for ice cream, while my mom and I get the foil balloon, food, drinks, and set up the party.  

It's nearly time for get all of this rolling and done with.  I'm looking forward to it (trying to ignore the fact that I pulled a muscle in my upper thigh last night...or something, all i know is that it's hurts and makes it a pain to walk, and I don't even know what I did to it!  At one point last night, I wasn't able to put weight on that leg.  This morning, I woke up and still hurts  :-/  ).


I have to remember to drop off my donations, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment