Monday, November 17, 2014

First Big Snow in the New Home


It's snowing in central Ohio!  Had been since last night, but it recently stopped.  I love the snow, yet hate the cold.  But I don't think it's as cold when there's snow on the ground, call me crazy, I just love it.  Last year was Lycan's first snow fall and he didn't really care for it (well technically second, his birth seemed to bring a blizzard).  It was white and cold and he could've cared less.

This year, he seems a bit more interested in it.  Later, after hub's gets home, we're going to bundle up the family and head outside!

But as for inside play, I'm getting closer and closer to having the playroom completed.  Here it is before the Wolfman puts it through the daily utter toddler destruction:





I'm going to put more educational posters up, as well as posters from his favorite shows, like Paw Patrol (that is his show, and the theme for his second birthday party this year!).  Plus I'd like to put in some shelving, especially for his books.  He's like me, out of sight, out of mind, so his books are all in a drawer right now, if they're out in a shelf, he'll be more inclined to read.  I do  reach in and pull out a couple of different books a day and leave them around the house for him to find and bring to me to read.  

Well, I'm off to make some ornaments for Yule and gifts for the holidays.  We're getting a slightly larger tree (going from a 1 foot to a 5 foot), so some "us" ornaments are needed.  I'm going to make a Deadpool and Wolverine ornament, TMNT's, a Minion, a Golden Snitch, a Remembrall, a Polyjuice Potion, Floo Powder, wildlife safe treats, and a Baby's First Yule ornament.  Plus I'm going to add some Pagan elements like a pentacle, a wolf, a stag, a wren, a robin, the Julbock, and I'm going to try to make a sun tree topper.  I've made a Triple Goddess tree topper in the past, that wasn't too difficult, a sun oughta be easier.  That's a lot to craft, PLUS gifts.  Hopefully my little Wolfman will want to help mommy out with it all.  


1 comment:

  1. Great blog♥

    How about follow each other?
    I follow your blog. Waiting for you♥
    My Blog: http://juliemcqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete