Monday, May 12, 2014

Duh

After a much needed vent and 5 hour nap, I'm feeling better.  And I pumped out 6 ounces this evening!  I've realized that pumping every 3 hours or so isn't my boob's thing.  Pumping 3-4 times a day is what's best for me.  Yeah, my boobs are huge, sore, and engorged, but I get a lot more milk a lot faster.  Now it's not something I'm going to do a lot, simply because engorged boobs are no fun.  And 6 ounces is probably my daily average milk yield.  But it seems like a lot for one sitting.  It's psychological, since I have a habit of mind fucking myself.

And I've realized that I have formula.  If I need to, I'll supplement.  He pukes less with just breast milk, but I gotta do what I gotta do, right?  I can't be expected to take care of them, if I can't take care of myself.  Definitely less stressed now.  Now, when I need sleep, I don't feel trapped by my pump.  I can sleep, then supplement if I need to.  Hopefully I won't need to, but it's an option.

No comments:

Post a Comment