Thursday, April 10, 2014

I'm Hoping This is Just Preggo Brain

By the Gods, how stupid are people?

I'm currently educating myself about natural labor and delivery; reading birth stories and techniques, and watching videos (and I'm getting nervous as hell!), and stuff.  I'm on these various sites just soaking it in, pretty much.  I already have an account on The Bump, which isn't a whole lotta help to be honest.  So I joined Baby Center, which is nice because I get to see a ticker for both my kids on the same line.  That and they have a lot of information and videos, a lot more than The Bump.

I plugged in my screen name and then my kids' two internet names: Wolfman and Bigfoot.  Tell me why some woman sent me a message that read, "Those aren't you kid's real names, are they?"

"So what if they are?  Got a problem with it?  Shit, you probably think my real name WolfmoonMom, yeah?"

What?  Then again, in the age of Hashtag, Google, Facebook, and ESPN, can't tell what's a online handle and what's not anymore, I guess.  Still, no "welcome to baby center" just straight " you name choices are stupid!"  Like, really?  Rude first, welcomes later?  What's humanity coming to?


After reading some blogs and thoughts, I'm now reminded why I don't usually join parenting sites, let alone read blogs, questions, and comments.  Holy shit, some people are judgmental and rude!  One lady claimed to be an HR person, and according to her, if a person's name isn't "normal", grammatically correct and proper and all that, they ignore the application.  What?  They judge that person's qualifications base only on their names.  Wow.  That's not a company I'd want to be a part of, company policy or not.  That's ridiculously childish and even racist, since some names are cultural.  Not to mention, at least in some parts of the United States (all perhaps, I dunno), it's discrimination, which is illegal.  Not being hired simply because your name isn't "acceptable"?  By who's standards?

What a bunch of bull.

I really do try to stay out of the baby name topics because some people are just so mean and ignorant.  I don't understand why they feel the need to jump on the internet and release their inner bitch/asshole.  Then I'm reminded, that people often grow a pair when they're screen-to-screen; their ugly just comes out.  There's no sense in it.  Being rude for the sake of it.  Grow the fuck up, people.

The internet really allows you to see a person's ugliness sometimes.  But at the same time, it's only one side, one facet of them, if it's even them at all.  Doesn't mean you have to be a total bitch to people.  Treat others the way you want to be treated.  I guess they want to be belittled and degraded.  Maybe they are away from the screen?  Who knows?  Maybe that's just who they are.  Then again, it's those kinds of people that can teach you a lot about the world and yourself.

The world would be pretty boring if everyone was nice, yeah?

The Pagan Community (and really any spiritual/religious community) can get pretty ugly at times, but honestly, I've seen the worse behaviors and treatments on parenting sites.  It's ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment