Monday, March 17, 2014

Where Might I Be?

I've been thinking about this today and it's probably a good thing, too.  When I went into labor with my first son, it was 1:20 am, I was already home with the hubby.  I just woke him up and we went to the hospital.  I need to start thinking about the what ifs concerning this second go time.

Where will I be?

What time might it be?

Will I be alone (no adults)?

Will I have a vehicle?

A phone?

Who's going to watch my son?

I figure in the rare moment that I go into labor at home, alone, with the car, I got a plan:

  • Call mom or hubby's work (they work at the same place)
  • Dress son; grab baby and hospital bags
  • Call to see if a close friend can watch my son
  • Drive to the hospital 
  • Put son in stroller, in case I can't find a quick baby sitter
  • Get into the room and wait until someone shows up to watch my son, I guess
Most likely, I won't have the car, but I will have the phone.  So it'll be me calling my mom/hubby's work and waiting for a ride (depending on contractions, I might have to find a closer ride).  In that case, I won't have to worry about finding a baby sitter, only getting Lycan ready for travel.  

This time, I'm going to try to have my hospital packed in advanced.  With Lycan, I packed it in the evening, then a few hours later, I found myself at the hospital.  AND hopefully I'll remember certain essentials that I didn't bring last time.  Like how I forgot my purse and ID and everything!  I also didn't bring shampoo, conditioner, or good body wash.  I'm going to make sure that my bases are covered this time.  

And we'll have to remember to put the car seat back in there.  Get Lycan used to seeing it again, too.

There won't be as much preparation this time.  Mainly get newborn diapers and a bassinet.  Ugh, I just remembered that I need to sort back through Lycan's infant clothes....  I need to make a TO DO list sooner than later.  Today I had a foggy moment of not being able to remember whether or not I took an allergy pill.  I had remembered popping it out of the package, having it in my hand in the hallway, then after all, nothing.  Luckily, when I went to check the package, turns out I never did any of that.  I had meant to, but like usual, got derailed.

Definitely need to make a To Do List.....

No comments:

Post a Comment