Saturday, February 8, 2014

Preggo Plans

My cousin gave birth to her daughter, Ava Grace, some odd hours ago, via C-Section.  A beautiful little bundle of 5 lbs 7 oz!  Congrats to her and her family!

Got me thinking about my little squirmy bundle.  I'm going to be at a different hospital, which has better reviews from my preggo friends, one who has insurance and one who doesn't (I will have insurance this time!).  I already know what to expect for the most part.  I see things as going more pleasant this time around, and if it doesn't, I know my rights.  I will say something if I'm mistreated, like I wish I would've done when I was at Mount Caramel.

I know what to expect with the GD, because most likely I'm going to have it again.

And I'm going to be honest with them if they treat me badly because of it, like Mount Caramel.  My child was actually underweight due to me not eating enough--I was always hungry.  It was terrible.  When I told the doctors, I was ignored.  I still think that in my case GD is a load of bullshit.  I think it's fearmongering bullshit, so the pharmaceutical companies can pump you for more money.  When I eat "bad" food, I literally don't feel any different!  I think I can decide for myself if something's too sweet or is going to make me feel like shit.  I don't need some fucking statistic to do it for me.

When I get there, knowing how tough my forearm skin is from the last time, I'm just going to save the nurses the trouble and have them put my IV in my hand.  I'm not looking forward to the catheters or having two monitors shoved into my uterus.  That was awful.  I can tell the docs about the problems I encountered last time, like my uterus not clamping down and all that jazz.

I can only hope that this one goes naturally, without induction, like their brother did.

I keep wondering how much different labor and delivery is going to be this time.

I know that I'm going to go as natural as I can, I mean I endured hours of gall bladder inflammation pain, I think I can do natural.  And trust me, gall bladder disease rivals child birth!  I survived that, I think I can survive natural childbirth.  But if I can't, I'll get the epidural.  But it'd be nice to know where I'm pushing, instead of hours later when the second epidural wears off.  Am I right?

One of my friends is due in 2 weeks.  :-D

~)O(~

No comments:

Post a Comment