Saturday, February 1, 2014

Keep Your Gender Bias To Yourself!!!!!

By the Gods!!!!  I love my mom and step dad, but jeez just let a baby play with whatever they want!  They were seriously trying to get my son to stop playing with the "girl" toys because they didn't want him to "turn gay" like my cousin did.  Apparently when my mom let him wear her high heels when he was a baby, it turned him gay.

I knew that kid was going to be gay and my mom's heels had nothing to do with it!  The kid was legit born that way.

I told them, "Even if my son turns out to be gay, I'm still going to love him no matter what."

"Yeah, but you don't want him to be gay.  It's a hard life."

Yeah, especially with people like yall!  Damn!  And I can't control that, nor do I want to.  He'll turn out however!  If he likes girls, cool; if he likes boys, cool; if he likes both, cool; if he doesn't like anyone, cool.  I don't give a shit, as long as he's happy!  I don't care!  He'll have my support and love either way!

First off, he's a fucking baby!  He doesn't care about a pink or purple toys, it's a toy, he wants to play with it!  Let him!  And who cares if he likes pink or purple????  Why can't a boy like those colors?  A girl can wear blue and play with boy toys, but a boy can't wear pink and play with girl toys?  Double standards much?  It's fine and dandy for a girl to be a lesbian or a tom boy, but it's not okay for a boy to be gay or to be "in touch with his feminine side"?

The fuck?

What are they going to do if my second child is a girl?  Segregate them?  Put him in a room with boy toys, and her in a room with girl toys?  Yell at him when he picks up a doll baby?  Call him names when if he wants to play with Barbies or dress up as a Disney Princess?

If I say anything that's going against the "norm" I'm being sensitive and emotional.  Like no, fucktard, I'm being realistic and fair.  It's sooooo frustrating.  My step dad even tried to get my husband to side with them, and it didn't work because my husband doesn't care either way.

They're kids!  Let em be!  Stop putting hatred and bias into their heads!  Keep that shit to yourself; and I will continue to be "sensitive" and "emotional" if they continue to bring that shit up.  Just stop.  He's my child, if he wants to play with "girl" toys and wear pink, I'm going to let him.  Because he's a child and he should be allowed to express himself and be a kid.

I knew I was probably going to have to deal with this, I just didn't think it'd be so soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment