Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Happy Merry Holidays and All That Jazz!

This just in, my baby's walking tonight!  What a wonderful gift!

Speaking of which, Wolfman cleaned up this Yule and Christmas, and still has his birthday to look forward to come Saturday!  We already have so many toys, that I don't know what to do with them all!  Tomorrow, we're throwing out our couch (that has a huge gaping hole that swallows up cushions and Gods know what else!) and going through a lot of stuff to see what to donate....including the toys!

I know with another on the way, I will keep some of them, but there were some we had that Lycan didn't bother with, so I'll donate those.  When we get a toy box, I'll start rotating toys, too, to help with clutter and so he doesn't get bored with what he has.

I'm kind of hoping that we get more clothes than toys on Saturday.  Is it too late to ask?

Man, I see much cleaning in my future over the next few days....cleaning, playing, editing photos, adding to his shutterfly photo book, and then decorating for his Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle party.

In reflection, I enjoyed watching Lycan open up (what he did open) and play with his bounty, more than I cared for my own gifts.  Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful, but watching his eyes light up and those gears in his brain tick tock ticking....that was magical.

As my husband just said, this time last year, we were sitting at his mom's, me heavily pregnant and him not wanting to go into work.  When we got home, we talked and he called in to spend time with me instead.  Then early on the 28th, my water broke.  18 hours later, at 7:10 pm, our son was born.  Now, a year later, we're sitting here at home, Lycan asleep, me pregnant again, surrounded by and tripping on baby toys, looking forward to celebrating our son's birthday in 3 days.  My, how things can change in a year!

So what's going on with you?  Have a good holiday?

~)O(~

No comments:

Post a Comment