Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Apple Cinnamon Recipe

Sunday, for a family pot luck, I attempted to make Apple Cobbler from scratch.  Well, I ended up making Apple Cinnamon Bread.  Happens a lot actually.  Like the first time I tried to make brownies from scratch, I ended up making cake instead....yeah, I dunno.  Skill, I guess.

Here's the cobbler recipe that I tweaked in order to get the right consistency and ended up some yummy bread-ish dessert:

  • 6 Red Delicious Apples, peeled and sliced
  • 2 cups flour
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 4 large eggs
  • Some milk (I just added until I got the right consistency)
  • 1/2 cup melted butter
  1. Preheat oven 350 degrees
  2. I used a regular size cake pan, I dunno the dimensions, sorry.
  3. Peel, slice, and place apples into pan, we did multiple layers, keeping in mind that the flour mixture will expand a little.
  4. Mix flour, sugar, cinnamon, and eggs until it's lumpy and coarse (or as hubby said, "it still need to be mixed!"  No it doesn't)
  5. Pour over apples
  6. Add sliced apples on top and sprinkle some cinnamon
  7. Pour butter over dish
  8. Bake for 60 minutes
  9. Add vanilla ice cream, caramel sauce, or Reddi Whip.  
The picture will never do it justice!

YUM!

~)O(~

No comments:

Post a Comment