Here's the cobbler recipe that I tweaked in order to get the right consistency and ended up some yummy bread-ish dessert:
- 6 Red Delicious Apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 large eggs
- Some milk (I just added until I got the right consistency)
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- I used a regular size cake pan, I dunno the dimensions, sorry.
- Peel, slice, and place apples into pan, we did multiple layers, keeping in mind that the flour mixture will expand a little.
- Mix flour, sugar, cinnamon, and eggs until it's lumpy and coarse (or as hubby said, "it still need to be mixed!" No it doesn't)
- Pour over apples
- Add sliced apples on top and sprinkle some cinnamon
- Pour butter over dish
- Bake for 60 minutes
- Add vanilla ice cream, caramel sauce, or Reddi Whip.
The picture will never do it justice!