Monday, July 22, 2013

Just Lettin Loose with Secrets Today!

If you follow my Handfasting Blog, this is secret number three:

I don't really care for my son's name.  I know at first I was excited about it.  I liked it, but I didn't love it.  I wanted him to be named Victor or Vincent (well, actually "Nathan", but hubby hates that name).  But I have this rule that if it's a boy, daddy gets to name him.  If it's a girl, mommy gets to name her.  But man, I really wish I was more vocal when it came to Lycan.  I mean, I was.  I told hubby I'd grown out of that name.  I didn't like it anymore, but he loved it.  Which is funny because I love the name "Nathan" and he hates it.  I didn't like "Lycan", but he loved it.  Stupid self-imposed rules.

I'm embarrassed by his name.  When strangers ask, I don't want to tell them.  I just say "Leo"--his middle name.  To my co-workers I just say, "my son" or "Wolfman".  I love my kid, but I hate his first name. 

I dunno, maybe I'm just going through a phase?  Maybe it'll grow on me? 

I wonder how many other mothers hate or dislike the names of their kids, names that either they had no control over or family tradition, whatever.  I never thought I'd be one of those kinds of mothers, yet, here I am.  And I feel so guilty about it, but it's not like I dislike my kid.....just his first name. 

At least I'll have complete control over our daughter(s) name(s); I've had her name picked out for a long time.  Now I just need to have a full-term healthy pregnancy with a girl.  

~)O(~

No comments:

Post a Comment