Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Bebe, Work, and Sex

Thank the Spirits for informative, educational Youtube videos, like Baby Einstein!  Child loves Baby Einstein almost as much as he appears to love Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.  He just sits there and laughs and laughs and laughs, giggles, moves.  Sits up when he hears the voice, stands and squats when he sees the babies in the videos do so.  It's wonderful. 


Lycan's 4 months and some change!  He's got a doctor's appointment on Friday, so we'll see his weight and height, although he's also getting his shots.  :-(  However, I may not be there for them, or for the aftermath, due to working third shift now. 

  • Focusing on objects, great and small
  • Has found his hands and feet, although the hand discovery wasn't as interesting as people have said it would be.  He was far more interested in his cool socks, though.  lol.
  • Grabbing and hanging on!
  • Actually showing interest in his toys.
  • Taking steps up mom and dad.
  • Teething like crazy, kid's got four bottom teeth coming in!  But still won't chew on the teething toys.  They're too big and hard!  We tried wet and frozen rags, but they were too cold.  He naws on his blankets and teething towels.  We're going to get him a Sofie, which is a giraffe of softer material.  My niece, Holli, loves hers.
  • Hates Apple flavored Rice Cereal.
  • Still hates his stroller.
  • Still hates his car seat.
  • We now only give him baby food once a day.  He's more regular that way.
  • Isn't quite sitting up on his own yet.
  • Has started sleeping in his own bed.
  • Can hold up his head with no problems.
  • Is getting used to belly time and can do his little push ups to look around now.
  • Almost crawled the other night!  He's trying to get mobile!
  • Starting sucking his thumb last night.  
  • Is wearing 9 month clothes.
  • Still a master back scooter :-)
  • Loves being outside.
  • His feet can touch the floor when he's in his "chair" as hubby calls it (his jumper). 

He's so interactive now and I love it!  Smiling, giggle, squealing, and focusing on stuff.  Trying to figure things out.  Trying to talk. 

Yes, I'm working now--whew, the first days were rough!  After having not worked for a year, to being pregnant, to giving birth, then going through Parent Bootcamp, I fried my quads!  They're better now.  It's easy work, as I'm a stocker.  Super easy and tedious.  Not trusting daycares or being able to afford a sitter, I had to find a shift that works for us.  Hubby works first shift and I work third, at the same place. 

At first, it was difficult leaving the baby, but luckily, I'm kept busy at work.  And it's a nice break, minus the exhaustion of caring for Lycan when daddy's working.  I work when Lycan's sleeps, then come home to his waking hours, having to wait 8 hours until daddy's can relieve me. 

Gotta do what you gotta do for the family. 

The night before my first shift was the same day that my brother prepared to leave for his third tour in the middle east.  Watching him saying goodbye to his nearly 3-year-old daughter was difficult, especially since I've never seen him get emotional before.  Which in turn made me emotional and not wanting to leave my son!  Been with the kid 24/7 for nearly 4 months straight!  But, at the same time, it was a push.  My brother's going to be further away for 9 months and if he can do it, I knew that I could spend 7 hours a night away from my kid. 

So far, so good. 

I mean, not only does mommy need a break once in a while, but so does baby. 

~~~~~

Sex wise, things are lookin up.  I've revisited my erotic writings and they've re-awoken my drive and released many inhibitions (which the hubby loves).  Still can't do my fave position, but cowgirl works too.  But it's funny, I wasn't much of a cuddler before, I'm still not, but now I really don't care for foreplay.  Slam, bam, thank you sir!  I don't wanna cuddle before, during, or after.  Which is funnier, because hubby's all about it now and I could just do without.  As he says, I'm "the fun toy that won't let anyone play with her".  Eh, maybe my writings will help remedy that, too, huh? 

All right, off to get some sushi!

~)O(~

No comments:

Post a Comment