Monday, January 7, 2013

Learnings and Wee Milestones

First off, congrats to Wendy for having her baby!

And second, as I sit here, awkwardly, eating my bowl of frosted mini wheats, I can't help but think what this pregnancy and afterbirth has taught me about taking certain things for granted:

  • Sex
  • Certain foods: Sushi, Pasta, Fresh Baked Breads, Pancakes, Onions (normally I like onions, but during preggo life, I hated them!), Fruits (high in carbs), etc.  Pretty much, being able to eat whatever the fuck I want!
  • Not eating on a set schedule -  Can't imagine trying to do that now with a newborn, mad props to diabetic mothers who're able to!  Heck, I can barely remember to eat, drink, and sleep while caring for him. 
  • Not having to test my blood - so far, I haven't been on glyburide nor have I been testing since the 28th, and I had tested my blood a bit ago due to having a headache.  I didn't know if it was a normal headache or something brought on by high BS.  However, I don't think that I have diabetes [knock on wood] as my BS was normal.  ::happy butt dance::  But we'll know for sure when I go back for my 6 week check up and Blood Sugar test).
  • Comfort
  • Sleep
  • Crouching Down
  • Non-Swollen Feet
  • Pooping and Farting without the severe rectal pain that often accompanies those once enjoyable actions....
  • Just wiping when peeing, without going the extra steps of keeping it clean and sterile down there.  (vaginal and rectal stitches suck!)
  • Sleeping on my back - I'm a side sleeper, but I've learned that sometimes it gets old, especially when I want to have kangaroo time with my kid, but uterus cramps that can come on with the back position prevent it.  I can't help but be a little jealous of hubby's kangaroo time with Lycan, but I bond with him in other ways.
  • Not having to take stool softeners, along with high fiber foods - I've never had the best digestive system, and have always needed the aid of high fiber foods to help things along, keep em regular, but now I need even more, along with some colace aid.  
  • Erect nipples - Now they play hide and go seek.
  • Non-Leaky Boobs - Remember those times when I kept wondering when that was going to happen?  Yeah, well now it's old.  lol.
  • Shaving my legs.

There are other things, but I can't really remember right now.  However I won't miss not having the migraines or the periods when I was preggo.  However, I hope I do go back to having regular periods like before. 

You know what else?  He's worth all of the pains and discomfort that I went/am going through during pregnancy, labor, and this afterbirth healing process. Absolutely worth it.  Even when I'm doubled over in pain, crying; or sleep deprived and stressed out.  I see it all as being initiation into parenthood - something most of us go through, be us new parents or vets.  That's a very comforting thought, knowing that we're not alone.


When I see him, our gift from the Spirits and blessing from the Moon, I forget all of the pain and fatigue, and just smile.  Gently caress his cheek, engulfed by the love and compassion that I feel for him.  He's worth it all.

And, yes, I'd go through them again.  For him.  For his future siblings.  :-)

Also, if you're on Circle of Moms, you can probably find me on there.  Maybe, I dunno how those things work on that site, I'm a noob, but my name is WolfMoon Momma.  I doubt that I'll be blogging there because I have this blog and I heart this blog, but I may cruise the forums looking for answers and ideas, connecting with other mommas. 

Well, baby's fussing and it's my shift, time to see what the little Wolfman wants.

Oh, and milestones: His circumcision has healed and his umbilical cord is about to fall off.  Yay, soon to be no more diaper complications! Oh, yeah, and his first smile occurred week 1, after he farted.  :-)  Takes after his momma.  Yes, I am a lady.  lol.

~)O(~

1 comment:

  1. This is an excellent list. It's amazing what we "lose" when pregnant or after pregnancy.

    Heh. I love baby farts. Even if they precede an explosive poop, they're still hilarious.

    ReplyDelete