Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Preggo Weight Loss

I've lost 9 lbs in 3 weeks, all thanks to this forced low-carb diet I'm on.  Holy snot!  Add that to the 20 lbs. I've already lost!  I'm down to 293 lbs.  Bitch and whine is what I've done, but if I can get down to a "safe" weight then I'll be out of the danger zone concerning Type 2 Diabetes, for the most part, since diabetes is often related to weight.  Though one of my neighbors has had Type 2 since she was a kid, so...more of family history with her. 

Though my hubby's eating a carb filled cinnamon bun and the smell is driving me crazy, but I had a carb filled lunch already.  (Told ya, everything's carbs now, not food or drink.)  Talk about self discipline!

This is the meal plan that my DT has me on:

Breakfast- 30 carbs
AM Snack- 30 carbs
Lunch- 60 carbs
PM Snack- 30 carbs
Dinner- 60 carbs
Bedtime Snack- 30 carbs

It ain't easy, sometimes I go over, but mostly I go under.  But we're healthy.  I'm definitely healthier than I've ever been.  When you cut bread and flour from the fast food equation, it's like Why Bother?  Why waste the money when I'm just going to get a grilled chicken and pick it apart.  I can't really eat the fries or have the drink.  Why waste the money?  Though I have been craving B Dub's Fish Tacos....mmmmmmmmmmmm.

The doctor had a time finding Lycan to listen for his heartbeat, too.  I know he was fine because I could feel him moving.  But every time she found it, he moved.  As a friend said, he is in an Aries womb, so talk about your stubbornness.  Just hope he's not this stubborn after he's born!  His heart sounded fine. 

In two weeks, I begin my bi-weekly stress tests, plus I've got an ultrasound that week.  Three appointments in one week!  Guess it'll prepare me for all of the appointments I'm going to have when we get closer and closer to the due date.  Hell, might as well just keep me in the hospital; save on gas and wear and tear on the car! Just kidding, I'd rather not spend any extra time in the hospital.  No more than I have to!

Time to catch a snack and a nap!

~)O(~

1 comment:

  1. WOW! I'm so not going to complain about having 4 ultrasounds due to being "AMA" (Advanced Maternal Age) anymore. LOL

    Congratulations on the weight loss! I hope you can keep progressing, and worry far, far less about the diabetes issue.

    ReplyDelete