Sunday, October 28, 2012

Fuck Yeah!

I think I've discovered the key to this whole GD thing!  Activity!  Seems so simple and so DUH!  I'll eat, chill for about 10 minutes, then go and freakin do something, like things I've been putting off, like Lycan's room.  Course being able to actually see how food and exercise affect me is a major help, too!

This morning, my BS was 142.  Then I ate and did the dishes (there were so many) and it dropped it 124.  So when I ate again (with my brain gears movin), I did some much needed housework, it dropped again to 98!  I'm still going to stick to a low carb diet - still eat what I've been eating, just do something afterwards.  But now I feel that I can eat and get full without worrying too much about my BS sky rocketing (which probably means that I can finish off my tortellini).  But for now, my goal is to keep it around a certain level, it's been a roller coaster so far, and I've been doing all right with keeping it below 120.  Now I need to work on a healthier range.  Now that I have a fuckin clue. 

As long as I have some chores or something.....eventually I'm going to run out!  Hubby'll be happy because that'll mean I'll be doing some of his chores.  Now I have the motivation to start doing preggo yoga again, whereas, although I was saying that I was going to start it up again, certain fears were in the back of my mind, relating to my miscarriage.  As I've stated, I haven't taken or done anything with this pregnancy that I did with that one.  I think at this point, I may just be superstitious, which is weird because I'm not a superstitious person.  But it's still in the back of my mind and I can't seem to shake it...but eventually....I am going to run out of things to keep me busy all the time (especially since I still haven't found a job).  And let's face it, there are going to be days when I won't feel like doing shit.  A gentle exercise would really help.  I'm aware that there are low impact exercises aside from yoga that I might try if I can't get over my superstition. 

I'm not going to rush into anything and just eat whatever, I'm still in the testing stages.  I'll see what my FBS (fasting blood sugar - taking the BS as soon as you wake up after not eating for 8-12 hours) says tomorrow.

Obviously inactivity is one of the reasons why I have GD (most likely, aside from family history and being overweight), food is fuel for our bodies to work.  To move.  Much like gasoline in a car.  Just sitting there, after eating, that shit's just going to build up and be stored as fat.  And in my case, as high blood sugar. 

I was telling my hubby last night, that I think having GD is a blessing in disguise.  Yes, it's for our son, but it's also benefiting me a great deal, in terms of forcing me to do things that I've been wanting to do, things that I've been needing to do.  Our son's a pretty great motivator!

~)O(~


2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you figured out how to control your blood sugar! Good luck getting moving.

    Ah, prenatal Yoga. Also good for making the actual birth process easier. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's what I've heard. Course any type of exercise is good for it, too--then again anything's better than just sitting here!

      Delete