Tuesday, September 18, 2012

A One Day Difference!

I just got a message from my step mom saying that she got 9 other messages from people who are fine with her date.   Excuse me?


THEY'RE NOT PREGNANT!
Of course they're fine with it! 

So she said to move it one day back.  She doesn't get it.  One day back.  One.  It's like talking to a 5-year-old.  It's not in December so it's fine now, right?

What?  It's one fucking day, Dora.  One day!  ONE DAY! One day's going to make a difference?

First Quaker Steak and Lube gets rid of my favorite fucking wing sauce and now this?!

I need to chill out before I lose my shit.  I need to compose myself BEFORE I respond to her.  It's like typing to a wall....I don't.  I'm worried that if I facepalm, I'm going to knock myself out on this one.   Like...what?

My MAYBE stands.  This is ridiculous. 

I'm afraid if I talk to her...I'm going to lose my cool.  People need to grow up and get the fuck over themselves and their petty fucking issues.

I'm going to go clean and get my thoughts in order before I tackle this stupidity.


~~~~~

I left and came back and this is my email rough draft.  The strike outs are what I'm editing out:

Dora,

None of them are pregnant, of course they don’t care.  One day isn’t going to make a difference in terms of how I’m going to be feeling.

Why not move the date to November 10th or the 17th?  Or better yet GET THE FUCK OVER YOURSELVES!  Suck it up, Buttercup, and have fun at mom’s party!

I want to be able to enjoy these showers, not sit there like an pissy bump on a log, apathetic and uncomfortable.  It’s takes energy to “ooo” and “ahh”.  And you know me, if I’m feeling shitty, I’m not one to sit there with a fake smile on my face.  I don’t want to be the downer at my own shower.  Because yall won’t take the undeserved grudge sticks out of your asses.



Yay or Nay?  I'm not sending it right away, gonna give myself some time to think, then come back for a re-read, but comments and suggestions are more than welcomed.

~)O(~

2 comments:

  1. Mostly a "yay".

    You might also add that you are taking into consideration the fact that the holidays are coming, and many people feel the economic crunch (and feel it even if it is not the holiday season). So, while you appreciate that this is a day to honor you and the new life you are bringing into the world, you respect that people have other commitments at this time of the year.

    However, it's definitely fine as is. If you think pointing this out to her won't really matter, than don't waste your e-breath. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, "e-breath".

      Yeah in my first email, the holidays was a big deal for me and I had mentioned it to her. But I dunno. In one ear and out the other with her. Luckily a friend of mine wrote me out a nicer, though reasonable, response that I just edited a bit. So we'll see what my step mom's reply is tomorrow.

      Delete