Thursday, August 30, 2012

Ugh, I'm so gassy this morning!  Totally interrupting my beauty sleep!  Preggo gas?  Or ate too much mashed potatoes gas?  Who knows?  Either way, I'm awake, when all I wanna do is SLEEP!  At least my hips aren't keeping me awake, like earlier this week.  I had hoped, due to having wide "child-bearing hips" I wouldn't have hip pain, but loe and behold, I have.  But doubling up of pillows between the legs really does work. 

I think my mom was right in saying, "Nausea and vomiting goes away in the second trimester," whereas I kept telling her, "Oh, no, I think it's actually getting worse!"  I haven't been nauseous since Sunday and I've only dry heaved a few times--once yesterday.  Thought I was going to lose my subway!  Fingers crossed!

Ooo, was having some serious growing pains yesterday, now the aches are beginning to stretch up into my belly button area, as the uterus grows.  It's pretty exciting and I can't wait until I start to show, though being plus size I probably won't show for a couple months.  I really can't wait until I can feel Little Wren kicking more, even if he/she is doing chin ups with my rib cage. 

My mom, who I think romanticized her pregnancies a lot a bit (though every pregnancy is different), said, "Great, you're first pregnancy is going to be a miserable one."   Yeah it hasn't been a breeze, but I wouldn't say miserable.  I've been wanting this since last summer.  I'm extremely thankful for the little life inside.  I'm looking more to the pleasant surprises than the unpleasant ones....like no matter how much water I drink or fiber I eat I'm still constipated....blah.  I'm eating healthier than I ever have in my 28 years, so that's not the issue, it's just hormones.  Not to mention the preggo brain and the pee sneezes, which will only get worse!  But those are kind of funny....right now anyway...until just blinking makes me pee....I should probably invest in some liners soon.

I can't wait until the hubby can see and feel Little Wren, too!  That way he can see that putting up with my swinging moods (though mostly have been apathy) and crazy cravings have been worth it.  He's really excited too; I'm not the only one who sprung a leak when seeing the baby on the ultrasound screen!  Though he's benefiting from my increased libido (though sometimes, due to cervix sensitivity, sex is painful and not always an option), I've been making sure to show him my love and appreciation in other ways.  Like surprising him with back rubs/scratches, baked treats, and delicious meals.  And telling him how much I love him everyday.  Makes it all worth it, especially when we're cuddling and he says, "I've got my whole world  right here," in his arms.  He's a great man and is going to be a great father. 


In other news, I'm 20 weeks today! Which means not only am I half way there, but there's only one more week until we learn the gender!  Really excited, and hoping that this week flies by.  We're taking bets as to what the gender is, and the odds are stacked against me.  Both mom and hubby are using that "carrying low" wives tale against me.  And hubs thinks he's hot shit since guessing the gender of our newborn niece correctly.  Yep, when he got home late Monday night, he not only predicted that our his SIL was going to have the baby soon, but that it was also going to be a girl.  And a girl it was, as Gabriella Clementine Wren was born at 4:58 am on Tuesday.  Which is funny because the mom was sure it was going to be a boy. 

Well, I feel I've blogged long enough....maybe I can fall asleep now, eh? 

~)O(~

No comments:

Post a Comment